We are reposting Doug and Stacies ad for their small Single-U Survival Model Earthship build. Details provided below.
Single-U Simple Survival Model Earthship
Work Party Dates:
- Sat. March 24th & Sun. March 25th
- Sat. April 7th & Sun. April 8th
- Sat. April 21st & Sun. April 22nd
- Sat. April 28th & Sun. April 29th
- Sat. May 12th & Sun 13th – Grey water botanical cells and shower.
- Sat. May 26th & Sun 27th – Plaster cement on walls and ceiling.
- Sat. June 9th & Sun 10th – Final touches for completion: install greenhouse (framing, roof, operable skylight and door).
Hours: 9:00am-4:00pm (includes lunch and breaks as needed)
Location: Ellensburg, WA (address and directions provided after registration)
Camping available on-site and motels nearby.
Doug & Stacey
Call or text at #509-899-9415
Food/Drinks Provided: Water, coffee and tea, snacks, and Lunch
(if you have any special dietary needs please let us know)
Please bring: a water bottle to refill, sunglasses/hat, wear appropriate work attire,
and a plain, colored T-shirt for Earthship design
Aspects to be worked on include:
- Tire pounding and bond beam
- Plumbing grey water and botanical cells
- Framing front face and interior wall
- Birdcage ceiling construction
- Cooling tube and convection skylights
- Interior adobe and exterior cement plaster
Donations: aluminum cans, glass bottles, Lumber, rigid foam, etc.
*This is not an Earthship Biotecture Internship.
**No children please. No drugs or alcohol.
Latest posts by Robert B (see all)
- My Earthship journey started many years ago, back in the late 90’s. - October 4, 2018
- Earthship Build in Puerto Rico - May 5, 2018
- N. Seattle College Earth Fair - April 15, 2018